We are pleased to announce that on April 25, 2011, we implemented support enhancements for EMC Greenplum customers. These enhancements are designed to offer you continued service excellence while bringing consistency to your support experience across all EMC products in your environment.
Summary of Changes
This support transition will change the way you contact EMC Customer Support, create incidents, and gain access to product resources. Changes include:
- Greenplum customers have been migrated off the SalesForce.com and Greenplum Network (GPN) portals and will now use EMC Powerlink for online support.
- Documentation, knowledgebase articles and software upgrades have been migrated to Powerlink.
- Customers now have access to "EMC Live Chat" and a Greenplum Support Forum to resolve issues.
- Centralized customer support - one global support number to contact EMC Support. (Please see updated contact information below.)
- Support options consistent with EMC Customer Support organization including availability of Enhanced Support and Premium Support.
What action do I need to take?
ACTION REQUIRED: If you have not yet registered for Powerlink, please do so immediately so you will have full access to Online Support capabilities, Go to Powerlink.emc.com and follow the registration process. We also recommend that you take a few minutes to review the Support Transition Quick Reference Guide which provides valuable information about how to easily locate Greenplum information once you have logged into Powerlink.
- Register with your corporate email address. EMC cannot accept personal email addresses.
- Select “yes” when you see the “Open and Manage Service Requests Online” option. This will allow you to open Service Requests online. After registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation email from Powerlink.
What is Powerlink?
Powerlink is EMC’s online support portal and offers continuous access to resources such as documentation and self-help tools. Powerlink also offers advanced features such as Live Chat, document text searching, ability to gain access to saved searches, community forums and a customizable look and feel. You will also have access to more sophisticated online service request creation and management.
EMC Customer Support Contact Information
|New Support Contact Information –Effective April 25, 2011|
|Live Chat||Powerlink Path: Home > Support > Request Support > Live Chat|
These numbers supersede any previously published support numbers.
|United States: 800-782-4362 (1-800-SVC-4EMC)
Click here for additional worldwide access numbers
|Powerlink-specific issues only|